Women Business Owners Launch “Building Women in Business” Project
On Friday, March 11 Women Business Owners will be launching their “Building Women in Business” Project.
The long-term objective of the project is to contribute to the growth and sustainability of women owned small and medium sized businesses in Jamaica. Specifically, this project will strengthen 300 women-owned small and medium sized businesses by improving their business skills and increasing their access to finance.
Women Business Owners (WBO) has as their mission “to provide leadership in the development of women business owners through education, research and networking”.
WBO was established in 2004 with the following aims:
• To provide a forum for women who are owners or principals of their own businesses
• To facilitate the growth of female owned businesses throughout Jamaica
• To take part in the decision-making processes of the country and be a voice in economic and social policy
• To foster and engage in the study and research of issues relating to aspects of ownership of business by
• To improve market access and competitiveness for women business owners in the global marketplace