How You Can Help Haiti From Jamaica (UPDATED)
Here is a list of the many options that are springing up all over for you to help Haiti:
1. Give through the United Way, donate at some local supermarkets or other private sector locations see here for more info at SociaLingua
2. Email email@example.com and donate items at 10A West Kings Road across from the Canadian Embassy. There will be a plane leaving for the Dom. Rep. Thursday January 14th and containers being sent the following week.
3. Brand New Machine is celebrating Sean Paul’s birthday at Fiction Wednesday January 13th, and will be donating part proceeds to help Haiti. You can also bring canned goods, clothing and sheets to Fiction.
4. Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management coordinating efforts, for more info.
5. Jamaica Red Cross is accepting contributions for Haiti at BNS account number 20499 at Cross Roads branch but you can deposit at any branch.
6. Relief supplies are being collected by Carleene Samuels twitter.com/carleenesamuels. Please contact her at 876.891.8934.
7. Well Heeled Jamaicans is on a collection drive to collect 10,000 pairs of shoes for Haiti, for more info.
8. The Catholic charity, Food for the Poor is also accepting cash donations on their website – they operate a children’s home and infirmaries in Haiti. Donations: Food for the Poor website for Haiti and 1-800-487-1158. Contacts: Kathy Skipper, Public Relations Manager, 954.427.2222, ext. 6614, firstname.lastname@example.org or Aimee Vignola 954.427.2222, ext. 6079, email@example.com
9. Online sites you can donate money to or text, see SiliconCaribe.com for more info.
10. Donate to the relief effort at any NCB branch, account #061048596.
11. Donations can be made at the 2010 Jazz and Blues Festival in Trelawny, Jan 28-30.
12. Donations can also be made at NCB – Duke Street Account#061048596, RBTT – Dominica Drive Account#4410317200367037, VMBS – Duke Street Account#22772867, JNBS – Duke Street Account#10937814.
13. Bin 26 Wine Bar will host a French Wine Tasting Party on Saturday Jan 16th evening. J1000.00 minimum contribution. 100% of these proceeds will go towards Haiti Relief Effort
14. If you’re in the USA, click here for more info.