My Favourite Things to Do in Kingston, Jamaica
In honour of Jamaica 50, we’re creating a new series of “My Favourite Things to Do in Kingston”. Thanks to Dr. Diana Chen for kicking it off with her top 11 things to do in Kingston. Diana recently left academia and is now embarking on a career as an art therapist, while raising her three young children.
1. The newly refurbished Hope Gardens Zoo – My kids love it and it’s a wonderful open green space.
2. A National Gallery of Jamaica opening on a Sunday morning – Mix and mingle with Jamaica’s art elite at the best art gallery in the Caribbean.
5. Shopping at Coronation Market – The market has a huge variety of fresh produce from all over the island at the best prices anywhere.
6. Taking a canoe to Lime Cay to spend the day at the beach – You really feel like you’re getting away from it all. Take a picnic with you.
7. Fried fish and festival breakfast at Hellshire Beach – Best fish and festival in the world. But go early to avoid the crowds and the heat.
8. Fort Clarence Beach – Great beach with lots of shade just a hop and a skip away.
9. Zumba class at Chai Studio with Shani Shirley – Most fun workout you’ll find anywhere.
10. Jogging at Mona Dam – Kingston’s version of a park with a lake where lots of runners, joggers and walkers congregate mornings and evenings.
11. Crepes and Italian soda at Tea Tree Creparie – Good, different food in a super cute setting.